The summer is flying by, and we at Luxy Hair are enjoying every single bit of it. We’ve dedicated this month to our summer road-trippers, so we have compiled our favourite road-trip essentials for your next little getaway.
Fave Music: Roadtrip Playlist
Going on a road trip this month? Well we’ve got the best songs to fuel your drive on the road. From throwbacks to the best sing-a-longs, we’ve got you covered. Think the Beatles, Outkast, City and Colour, and Kings of Leon.
Quote of the Month
This month’s chosen quote resonates with us because of the many ways you can interpret it. Take the scenic route on road-trips or in life!
Hair Hack of the Month
As your chilling in your car, sleeping or sight seeing, you’ll want to have your hair out of your face. A braid is a perfect way to keep the hair out of your face and keep it knot free throughout the duration of your road-trip.
Click here for the full tutorial on our blog to learn how to achieve the super easy french braid or just watch the video below:
Fave Book at the Moment
Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative – Austin Kleon
“Steal Like An Artist is an actually readable manifesto on how to properly squeeze your brain-juices and unlock your potential.” -Thrillist
Unlock your creativity.
- Steal like an artist.
- Don’t wait until you know who you are to get started.
- Write the book you want to read.
- Use your hands.
- Side projects and hobbies are important.
- The secret: do good work and share it with people.
- Geography is no longer our master.
- Be nice. (The world is a small town.)
- Be boring. (It’s the only way to get work done.)
- Creativity is subtraction.
What’s a road trip without anything to snack on!? These sweet and salty energy bites brought to us by
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 2/3 cup roughly-chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.
Vacay Getaway: The Algarve, Portugal
The Algarve, Portugal’s southernmost region, is filled with an endless series of some of Europe’s best beaches. The alluring coast holds some of the most spectacular views from its cliffs, golden beaches, scalloped bays and sandy islands. You’ll be on an adventure of finding your own perfect beach.
The best time to go to the Algarve is in the summertime – this is when the sun and weather is the most beaming.
Watch Mimi’s journey to the Algarve to get a little sneak peak of our your next vacay getaway could look like:
We also compiled a quick checklist for you to review before your next adventure, so that you don’t have to!
Fave Hairstyle: Fishtail Half Updo Hairstyle
A super cute half braided hairstyle! So you don’t need to decide between putting your hair up or letting it down. Your hair will be kept in place for those roof-down car rides and you’ll look super cute too.
Watch the tutorial below to find out how to achieve this look:
That wraps up our favorites for July! What is your dream road-trip? Let us know in the comments below or tag us in pictures of your summer adventures